Tiling a floor or a wall and carrying out tile cleaning can both turn out to be quite an easy task if the right accessories are being used? Most people who are tiling a floor or wall, or are cleaning tiles, often do not know what accessories to use or end up using the wrong ones, making the task rather difficult for them. Thus, when it comes to appropriately tiling floors or walls and cleaning tiles, following are the accessories people should use.
The Right Accessories for Tiling
1. Levels: When carrying out tiling, people should always have levels. Irregularities in the surface where the tile will be installed can be easily spotted with them. The under floor is often damaged when abrasive tools are used for the demolition of the existing floor. Levels can also help line up straight tiles as well.
2. Buckets: When tiling a floor or a wall, it is also necessary to have buckets as well. Debris from demolition work can be collected in them; the cement and grout can be mixed in them and water to finish the grout can also be held in them. To mix large batches of cement, it is best to use a large five-gallon plastic bucket.
3. Sponges: Several sponges are also needed when tiling a floor or wall. When working with tiles, it is best to get a few of the large hydro sponges. Using a new sponge for all the tasks will prevent the surface of the tiles from getting dirty or scratched.
4. Saddle Saw: If tiles need to be set around door saddles, then a saddle saw will also be needed. The bottoms of the doorway trim can be removed using the saw so that the tiles can be easily set.
5. Additional Tools: A mallet and a suction cup can also come in handy when tiling a floor or wall. Pressure on top of the tile can be lightly applied using a rubber-coated mallet and embedded tiles can be lifted using a pump-actuated suction cup to prevent damage to the tile.
When it comes to maintaining the beauty of tiles, tile cleaning becomes necessary and following are the things that are needed for cleaning tiles.
1. Vacuum Cleaner: The dirt and dust that builds up on tiles over time causing them to appear dirty and dis-coloured can be cleaned using a vacuum cleaner. Tiles should be frequently vacuumed in order to keep them clean.
2. Vinegar: Tile cleaning products are usually quite costly and people can save money by using vinegar as a cleaning agent to clean tiles. Stains on the tiles can be effectively cleaned using vinegar. One part of vinegar can be mixed with four parts of water to make a homemade cleaning solution. But be very careful, have a look at the video first.
3. Water: Tiles can certainly not be cleaned without water. Often, water will prove to be more than enough to clean tiles if they are not too dirty or heavily stained.
Overall, tiling and tile cleaning are simple tasks, and they can be conveniently carried out with the mentioned accessories.